In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desmentido masculinomentís masculino España
- Michael, is this in your judgment, even though there have been disavowals, that there would be any interest on the part of the major parties in making this a religion government?
- Some people cope by denial or disavowal, making open communication less appropriate in the earlier stages.
- Such disavowals always remind me of Henry Kissinger's line that when a state denies it intends to take a course of action, it is signalling to others that it has the capacity to take such action if it wishes.
- I heard many comments about people being of equal value and of not liking anyone who ‘thinks they are better than I am,’ but I also heard frequent disavowals about economic equality.
- Here we have today Scott McClellan, the president's press secretary, specifically demanding further disavowals of the story from Newsweek.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.