In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many a time mutual trust and goodwill have been lost due to dishonesty among some agents, organisations, individuals or even politicians entrusted with responsibilities to disburse such funds.
- The sub-district office disburses funds, which came from the taxation of stores and companies located in that district, to the committees.
- The funds are disbursed through banks to the schools' accounts.
- The second option is to act on behalf of a bank in processing an application and disburse the funds, both for a fee.
- The Governor has confirmed that the fund was disbursed without his approval as the chief commissioner of the company.
- The federal government said it was studying whether to disburse relief funds to the state.
- However, it is still unclear when the administration intended to disburse the funds to the victims and who would be defined as a poor resident.
- It disburses funds only after work on a project run by a new local organization is complete or as bills arrive.
- Asked if he knew whether the funds were disbursed legally, he said he did not know, but asserted that the disbursement of the funds could be accounted for.
- He could establish or dissolve public institutions and he had the right to disburse public funds.
- A huge amount of additional funds were also disbursed by the government to the bank to repay depositors amid massive runs.
- He and other suspects in the same case had claimed the funds were disbursed to provide food aid packages for the needy.
- These individuals are able to disburse their funds quite easily.
- Not only will the treasury unit have authority to disburse funds to ministries and government institutions, but it will also be responsible for finding resources to finance the state budget.
- However, the panel of judges said that he was not responsible for the violation because the funds were disbursed by the bank's board of directors.
- Six months after its launch the fund has no administrative structures and has disbursed no money.
- Almost $1.5 million will have been paid out when the funds are completely disbursed.
- If you have an interest in preserving fiction - you might, for example, give loud and serious thought to how your local Arts Council disburses its funds.
- We hope that the government will disburse the money before that time,’ he said.
- The expectation of the donors was that charities receiving the funds would disburse the money to needy victims just as quickly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.