In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The reason I discontinued the service was the cost.
- The service was discontinued because it had lost so much clientele to planes, trains and cars.
- Forewarned, I wrote a letter to the company asking them to discontinue my service on the effective date.
- If bin collectors can't do their job, it makes sense that we would look at discontinuing our service and passing it on to private operators.
- In 1941, after two decades of valuable service, the seminary suddenly discontinued its classes.
- It's 20 years since the original service was discontinued and locals are delighted that the runs are being put back in place.
- The decision to discontinue participant recruitment after six couples was made on the basis of saturation of relevant themes, with couple six adding only one or two themes to each area of inquiry.
- A serviceman cannot change his station at will, nor can he discontinue performance of service duties or abandon his station without leave.
- Electric trolley service is again discontinued.
- As many as 12 jobs could be lost if the service is discontinued.
- The company plans to discontinue the service from September because it is no longer commercially viable.
- Heavy losses forced it to discontinue the service.
- The company had not indicated any immediate plans to discontinue the service.
- Dissatisfied consumers will discontinue the use of such services, as they would with any vendor.
- It wasn't very successful, but when she called her customers to tell them she was discontinuing the service, one of them panicked.
- It seems essential that the effectiveness of such visits is improved, but if this cannot be achieved consideration should be given to discontinuing these visits.
- A spokesman, however, said on Monday that the government might have problems finding a legal basis to discontinue the project's budget even if its final decision was to have the project scrapped.
- He also discontinued unprofitable services, such as dating advisers.
- Shortly thereafter, the government discontinued these purchases but did not provide the media clear reasons for doing so.
- The director says they are faced with the grim prospect of having to discontinue services to the 600-plus people who sleep on the city's streets.
1.2Comerciodiscontinuardescontinuara discontinued model — un modelo que ya no se fabrica/vende
- discontinued merchandise — mercancías de fin de serie
- Do we continue to live by mottos advertising products that have long been discontinued?
- The workers and the union, he said, had been aware for some time that one of the products manufactured at the Waterford plant was being discontinued.
- Second annoyance is changing stocks: you'll go there for ages, get used to a certain product and then you'll find it's been discontinued.
- We sent it back, and since that particular pack had been discontinued so they sent us a brand new one a brand new one.
- The list of discontinued products includes chips released as recently as January.
- First, his team needs at least 100 new products annually to replace those that are discontinued.
- The printer was discontinued in 1985, and the cartridge was dropped in 1998.
- In any case, it will not discontinue any of the products of the companies it has acquired, according to a spokesman.
- I'm hoping you have some suggestions for notifying customers that a product has been discontinued.
- Check the bargain bin at the local fabric store, often times they have beautiful fabrics at discount prices simply because they have been discontinued.
- The saw was discontinued in the 1950s and is no longer serviced.
- The company last month discontinued two product lines, which resulted in around 40 lay-offs and the closure of a design centre in France.
- This product replaces fenofibrate micronized capsules, which were discontinued by the manufacturer.
- Around 450 of the 1,000 staff work in the relatively risky area of manufacturing, which was hit by the company's decision last year to discontinue one of its products.
- The value of these character jugs can accelerate quite quickly once they have been discontinued but those in continuous production stay fairly static.
- Businesses with their software voiced fears that their products would be discontinued or that technical support might waver.
- ‘Currently, we do not plan to discontinue any other products,’ he says.
- In addition, sellers will be able to quickly move overstocks and discontinued products.
- The company was horrified to learn that the valve had been discontinued since it was critical to the continued production of their blood analysis products.
- She's right that production of the item has been discontinued.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.