In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of plan, problem)discusión femeninodebate masculinoafter much discussion — después de mucho discutirlo
- there has been no discussion of the moral aspects — no se ha hablado de / no se han discutido los aspectos morales
- it's still under discussion — todavía se está discutiendo / estudiando
- when does it come up for discussion? — ¿cuándo se va a discutir / tratar?
- she suggested a topic for discussion — sugirió un tema para debatir
- there will be discussions with other unions/the management — habrá conversaciones con otros sindicatos/la patronal
- before noun discussion document — documento base / de consulta
- It is hard to prevent a discussion of form and materials from spilling over into a discussion of content.
- It has had articles written about it, and generated much heat in discussions and debate.
- That very topic had been the subject of a discussion I had earlier in the day with a friend.
- This is a fascinating discussion, and a topic about which I obviously need to learn a lot more.
- An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither wanted to concede they were wrong.
- There is nothing to stop us, at the end of this round of negotiations, starting a discussion like that.
- She would always be the first one to raise a class discussion about any topic, in any class.
- He takes little part in a class discussion but will discuss a point on a one to one basis.
- However, so far talks are at an early stage and there are still many discussions to take place.
- He and I have had some great discussions over time even when we don't agree or see eye to eye on a subject.
- I like listening to their discussions and seeing how they interact with each other.
- After a political discussion about the campaign we discuss how to intervene that week.
- Yet such a discussion is not even on the fringes of political debate on the left or anywhere else.
- Others were in constant discussions and debates in the campsites or in the refreshment areas.
- Stephen is also unafraid to give his views on the industry and the recent discussions about this topic area.
- Inevitably in dealing with such large topics some of the discussions are far too abbreviated.
- The rally kicked off a week of lively, exciting political debates and discussions.
- All are welcome to discuss their work, join in the discussions or just sit and listen.
- Do you think that more discussions should be held before implementing the project?
- So discussions about my problems are really about the conflicts of the entire human race.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.