In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desencanto masculinodesilusión femenino
- At a time of deep disenchantment and voter cynicism, she stood out as an honest human being.
- At the same time, reports that the initial spurt in sales has not been sustained have created disenchantment in the market.
- Obviously measures have been taken to rectify the situation, but there is still an impression of disillusion, if not disenchantment.
- Yet the article's overall tone conveyed a sense of disenchantment with the reformists' unfulfilled promises.
- The conference season took place against a growing mood of public cynicism, disenchantment and disengagement from politics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.