In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of person) desfiguración femenino(of scenery, building) afeamiento masculino
- Chang first came to Taiwan in 1992 to receive treatment for disfigurement caused by the disease.
- Side effects include hair loss and disfigurement.
- Hardy also pays attention to the decay and disfigurement in the woods.
- He was also blinded in his right eye, lost some of his hearing and suffered severe facial disfigurement.
- And in contrast to the claims by Walker, no evidence of deliberate disfigurement of the bodies was found.
- Bonding need not require genital disfigurement.
- These little objects are about engorgement to the point of disfigurement.
- Also, because these burns involve the face and head, long lasting disfigurement can result.
- Left untreated, fixed cutaneous sporotrichosis can eventually lead to scarring and disfigurement.
- A new type of disfigurement has come to Britain's towns and villages.
- I suppose I was too young to contemplate dying, but the notion of disfigurement was devastating.
- When we assure them that there will be no disfigurement, they relent.
- And it doesn't leave a visible scar, but it creates what I call psychic disfigurement.
- Left untreated, skin cancer can cause disfigurement or death.
- It was his way of preparing me for a life of disfigurement.
- They can also rupture, causing pain and disfigurement.
- More than this, it was the emotional pain of disfigurement which was most traumatic.
- Their disfigurement has become a sign of Maori protest.
- Angioedema tends to occur on the face and may cause significant disfigurement.
- Scully relates his own experience with post-fight disfigurement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.