In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cleaning and disinfecting the holding pens between occupancy by groups of pigs might also be effective.
- Clean and disinfect the environment, frequently in affected wards and particularly in wards reopening to new admissions
- Clean and disinfect toilets after they're used by the person with diarrhea.
- Clean and disinfect the hot zones in your home - the kitchen and bathroom - on a regular basis.
- The same procedure for cleaning and disinfecting this critical equipment must be followed in every location in which anesthesia is administered.
- Cleansing and disinfecting stations will be established within the area for vehicles entering and leaving the buffer zone site.
- Be sure to properly clean the wall and disinfect it against fungus, mildew and bacterial growth.
- She uses a solution of equal parts vinegar and water to cut grease, keep kitchen windows clean, and disinfect counters.
- I cleaned out and disinfected their compartment, and put in fresh bedding and put back some of their previous twigs and straw nesting materials.
- Destroy badly diseased plants, and thoroughly clean and disinfect their containers before reusing them.
- Today doctors use medicinal maggots to clean wounds by dissolving dead tissue and to disinfect them by killing bacteria.
- And once you bring home your new pet, you need to be ready for years of daily food preparation, cleaning and disinfecting the cage.
- For optimum household cleanliness and health, clean and disinfect your shower stalls and glass shower doors at least once a week.
- Offences include a lack of foot baths available at farms and a failure to properly clean and disinfect vehicles.
- Nevertheless, the cost to clean up and disinfect farms in Dumfries and Galloway was 39,000 per farm.
- He will also have spent hundreds of man-hours cleaning and disinfecting his machinery and vehicles, all in a bid to keep his farm clear of the disease.
- Keep bird baths clean by disinfecting them occasionally with a solution of one part household bleach to nine parts water works well
- Inspect and let soil dry out and clean and disinfect saucers under pots.
- The main reason for the long delay has been the time taken to completely clean and disinfect the farm.
- The plan is still under discussion, but the idea is to move people temporarily to tent camps while workers clean and disinfect one neighbourhood at a time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.