In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Chapter Seven discusses disinfectants and disinfection procedures in the elimination of infectious agents.
- Avoid strong odors from paint, perfume, hair spray, disinfectants, chemical cleaners, air fresheners, and glues.
- Several cancer causing chemical compounds that are created in the presence of disinfectants are also stopped by the filter.
- The new package will include 2100 litres of mould disinfectants and 8000 litres of drinking water disinfectants, worth a total of 17 000 euro.
- The sudden smell of disinfectants and plastic were making him sick.
- Each vehicle was tested for contamination after cleaning using the current cleaning method of wiping down the interior with liquid disinfectants.
- Bacteria are very sensitive to chemical disinfectants such as chlorine and iodine.
- Research has not shown an increased resistance of antibiotic-resistant bacteria to hospital germicides and disinfectants.
- Biocides, when used as disinfectants and sterilants, are used at concentrations substantially higher than levels required to show bactericidal effects.
- The two chemicals are also used in common disinfectants and in water treatment plants, vital for a modern society.
- Supplies of soap, tooth brushes, disinfectants, in fact all toiletries and disinfectants, and towels are also very badly needed.
- Use of sand filtration and chlorine disinfectants attacked the problem leading to sharply falling rates of typhoid fever and other water-borne infections.
- If approved disinfectants are unavailable washing soda, mixed with water at a rate of 50 grams per litre, is the next best alternative.
- We get bromine from pesticides, dough conditioners, and from disinfectants for water in hot tubs and commercial spas.
- Since disinfectants can leave unpleasant traces in water coolers and are difficult to apply, the best disinfection method is to use an ozonizer.
- Respirators are not as effective at removing bleach fumes, so minimize your exposure when using bleach or other disinfectants.
- The newspaper said the water was dull in appearance and had no trace of disinfectants such as chlorine.
- Most medicines, for example, are chemicals of some kind, as are most disinfectants, household cleaning agents and plastics.
- These units lack basic facilities such as linen, antiseptic detergents, disinfectants and essential surgical instruments.
- These authors regard disinfectants as chemical biocides with a relative lack of selectivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.