In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Indeed, the entire disinflation period coincides with the abandonment of one monetary aggregate after another, as none exhibited a predictable velocity.
- Second, even if this opportunity had been missed, subsequent losses could have been reduced if recapitalization had been sought when disinflation sharply lowered interest rates in 1982-1983.
- Recessionary disinflation / deflation now seem utterly unavoidable - the question being whether they will occur in 2005 or the following year.
- In the transition economies, the early peggers - Czechoslovakia, Estonia, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia - performed much better than the floaters, both in terms of the rate and cost of disinflation.
- Disinflation makes inflationary expectations fade, leading to more disinflation, whereupon inflationary expectations fade more.
- The US economy is experiencing disinflation, or a fall in the rate of inflation.
- There are also several specific types of price fluctuations in the economy, such as disinflation, reflation and stagflation.
- As high as the default rate is now, it would rise sharply if today's disinflation tipped over into destructive deflation, which increases the real burden of debts.
- In it, the most powerful central banker in the world talked about disinflation and not deflation in the US.
- Do we have deflation, inflation, or disinflation in the UK economy?
- It started us on our path of lower and lower inflation - of disinflation.
- The question facing policymakers is how long China can maintain this tricky balancing act of being both a source of growth and of disinflation for the rest of the world economy.
- The real problem for most companies today is disinflation, or a slowdown in the rate of price hikes.
- More than a decade of inflation and disinflation followed in the major developed countries and many developing countries.
- And even now the employment survey has shown that we have created 500,000 jobs since January, and to the point where we now see that disinflation or deflation is off of the horizon.
- "Hong Kong still suffers from disinflation in the wage level which reflects that business conditions are still difficult, " said Lau.
- The end result has been the same degree of actual disinflation, yet higher bond yields than would otherwise have eventuated in the absence of the speech.
- Real wages have declined, and disinflation is continuing with the support of currency appreciation.
- Rising inflation would be one thing if the raw material of inflation - money - were signaling disinflation ahead.
- Greenspan is also worried that substantial further disinflation could pinch corporate profit margins and prompt a new round of cutbacks in business spending, which is just starting to revive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.