In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And all kinds of information that has really been disinformation about it has really proven false.
- Except what I felt so much about is the malicious and continuous disinformation given by media to the people.
- How could the press or the citizenry distinguish between information and disinformation?
- This would mean dropping in a new nugget of information - or disinformation.
- What kind of people would use a grieving First Lady to unwittingly spread disinformation and to raise false hopes?
- The Germans totally believed our disinformation campaign prior to the Normandy invasion.
- They argued that the KGB would not have missed such an opportunity to feed the West disinformation.
- Soviet spokesmen kept up a steady stream of denials and disinformation in September.
- What we do not need is the selective, or careless, transmission of misinformation or disinformation.
- It is full of misinformation, disinformation, noninformation, and just plain lies.
- Get ready for a deluge of information and disinformation on this one.
- They acted as willing collaborators in a concerted campaign of disinformation designed to justify a criminal war of aggression.
- How can we tell whether and when we are on the receiving end of hype and spin, of misinformation and disinformation?
- Language, the use of words, and how information and disinformation is handled, can be crucial to the twists and turns of history.
- I navigate my way through the morass of information and disinformation.
- During a war both sides hide their correct information and spread disinformation.
- Employers' group Ibec has insisted that a campaign of disinformation is under way.
- Now that the curtain has fallen, information as well as disinformation travels in both directions.
- It is their sneaky methods, of propaganda, disinformation and manipulation of intelligence.
- The misinformation and disinformation that is circulated makes it impossible for any fair-minded commentator to take sides in the issue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.