In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1deslealtad femeninodisloyalty to sb/sth — deslealtad con/a algn/a algo
- It has been a cancer in the Labor Party, this disloyalty.
- As a father himself he finds such disloyalty and betrayal completely unacceptable.
- By your historically unprecedented disloyalty, you have betrayed our trust.
- The death and torture camps, barbaric prisons for political opponents and routine beatings for anyone suspected of disloyalty are well documented.
- The cocaine trade being so lucrative, it encouraged disloyalty and betrayal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.