In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The disparity in fees between different schools can be overwhelming.
- In the past, critics have pointed to disparities in testing as being the cause of any differences found.
- Others remain unanswered and court practice in different regions of the country shows stark disparities.
- Income and standards of living disparities in different regions of the country have become a growing problem.
- Mr Causley said he was sympathetic and well aware of the disparity in pay.
- His shots do help demonstrate the disparity between different films.
- Regional disparities further accentuated ancient distinctions, especially between the north and the south.
- Prevailing economic theory suggests that such information disparities can lead to market failure.
- And we have a wide disparity between the simply poor and the poorest of the poor.
- There seems little doubt that there remains a disparity between women's pay and that of their male counterparts.
- In part this different history may have to do with the disparities between the first and second waves of feminism.
- They may blame the diverse students or even parents for these disparities and variations.
- His appeal may lie in the disparity between the image projected in his interviews and the image perpetuated in his records.
- The ease with which we now travel over land has led to a great disparity between prehistoric and modern perceptions of islands.
- I estimate that the comparable disparities in Australia are less marked but still not inconsiderable.
- In any case, the wide disparity of incomes and egos leads to a certain instability.
- Waterhouse explained his justification for the disparity between program fees.
- It has led to declining standards of living and widening income disparities.
- And of course, the last explanation for the disparity, is the one that you point out.
- He believes that the growing disparity between the rich and poor of the world is a disaster that will lead to more terrorist outrages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.