In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(device)a cash dispenser — un cajero automático
- a soap dispenser — un dispositivo que suministra jabón
- Sales of water with dispensers has jumped by 24 per cent.
- Iced coconut milk-shakes and tender-coconut water drawn out of dispensers were there for parched tongues.
- Watching their antics and dexterity as they extract food from the dispenser can provide many live hours of enjoyment and entertainment.
- Nothing much happened except that I discovered the automatic paper towel dispenser and proceeded to contort my body into various positions to get the thing to work.
- And, if you come across a paper towel dispenser with a lever, use your elbow instead of your hands - and don't touch the sinks, door handles or toilets after you've dried.
- Often there is no soap in the dispensers or the dispensers are broken…
- The Salt and Pepper dispensers, in lovely porcelain and bright - coloured, imported from China were tempting.
- Woe to anyone who put a quarter in the feed dispenser if there was a goat nearby; they'd make a straight line for the food and it mattered little who was in the way or underfoot.
- I've been happy to see a number of public bathrooms lately even include automated paper towel dispensers.
- The dispensers have been exclusively branded with a green and black chequered design.
- People were stealing toilet paper by the roll faster than they could put it out in the dispensers.
- Being the naturally suspicious (OK then, paranoid) type, I decide this is an opportune moment to get up and grab a glass of water from the dispenser.
- So how do we apply for a grant to get a nicotine patch dispenser machine fitted in the bus shelter?
- Is there a market in second hand paper towel dispenser machines?
- Then the little darlings began an involved process of rinsing their fronts, rinsing their backs, getting soap out of the dispenser and rubbing it over their bathing suit-clad bodies.
- If you want to use the dishwasher, follow these precautions: Use the automatic rinse dispenser feature of a dishwasher.
- I nodded and walked over to the paper towel dispenser.
- The Railway administration also declared open a coin dispenser machine and automatic platform ticket vending machine.
- He chased me to the kitchen, and then saw the automatic ice dispenser on the door of my fridge.
- A little further on, there was a young man from a Spring Green church who had set up large dispensers of coffee and cocoa.
2Britanico(pharmacist)farmacéutico masculinofarmacéutica femenino
- She also said there were concerns about the drug dispenser at the practice working alone.
- Hearing aids have not been very successful in the past not only due to limited quality of the devices, but also due to lack of training of many dispensers.
- It will be a criminal offence to hold yourself out as a Chinese medical practitioner or a herbal dispenser of Chinese medicines, and a range of other appellations, if in fact one has not been registered by the board.
- This may be explained by a shorter repeat prescribing interval: for dispensers it's usually 28 days, whereas for prescribers it's upwards of two months.
- Duties will involve assisting the Pharmacist & Supervising Dispenser, serving customers, pricing and merchandising, stock control and ensuring the smooth running of the store.
- Mrs Brunt's first job was as a pharmacy dispenser in 1975 but little did she know she would end up delivering babies 30 years later.
- Our organisation has lost less than 2% of donations over 30 years by delivering direct to prescribers and dispensers in six African countries.
- Hopefully this has given some insight into the role of Pharmacist and the reason s/he is different to a dispenser and shopkeeper.
- The pharmaceutical dispensers attached to government hospitals in Sri Lanka reported in sick on March 22 and protested in front of the Health Ministry in Colombo.
- A counter assistant who is asked a question to which he or she is not sure of the answer, for example, should refer it up, either to a dispenser or ultimately the pharmacist.
- Drug prescribers and dispensers make variable efforts to discuss drugs with patients.
- The NMMC appointed chest physicians, dispensers and laboratory technicians who worked alongside Alert staff.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.