In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some of these materials can be removed by filtration or by using dispersants, which allow for the materials to coagulate and be trapped by the filters or removed during blowdowns.
- Oil dispersants were applied only as a test because there were too many unknowns about their effect on the environment.
- Bikes should be thoroughly cleaned to remove residue of dirt/salt and then the metal and moving parts sprayed with water dispersant / lubricant - but be careful to avoid any contact with brake systems/tyres.
- The latest addition of equipment will include 500 metres of containment boom, 200 metres of sorbent boom, 1,000 sorbent pads and 3,000 litres of oil dispersant.
- Yesterday, 10 litres of dispersant, approved by the Department of Environmental Affairs, was used to remove the last remaining oil in the engine room.
- In that case, you need a superior dispersant detergent.
- Instead, we put the nanopowder in water and add dispersant to keep the fine particles evenly suspended and in close contact.
- Some scientists now believe that there was more long-term biological damage from the chemical dispersants than would have resulted from leaving the oil untreated.
- Once the correct dispersant was received, it was sprayed onto the rocks which were then washed with high pressure water using the fire brigade's portable pump which was carried around the rocks.
- Further, Mr Knowles knew nothing of the idea of powdered ingredients or particles acting as dispersants in the dry state from his long experience in the agrochemical industry.
- The present invention also relates to the use of these compositions such as thickeners, dispersants, plastics additives, adhesives, coatings, flexographic inks, overprint varnishes, and dry cement powder modifiers.
- Although modern marbling techniques employ acrylic paints thinned with specialized dispersants and floated on specially prepared water, the technique is relatively simple.
- Improvements in lubricants such as ashless dispersant oils, spark plugs and use of oil filters have also been vital to predicting longer periods between engine overhaul.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.