In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corredor de fondo masculinocorredora de fondo femenino
- The bitterness basically is boring, and certainly it is counterproductive for somebody who wants to try at least to be a long distance runner.
- It's the loneliness of the long distance runner against the wind.
- Yeah, the guy was a long distance runner and so he had a full page photo of him in running gear crossing the finish line in a race.
- Growing up a skinny kid in New Jersey, I had no dates, social skills nor athletic talents and therefore was encouraged to become a distance runner.
- He was also a long distance runner and a good artist.
- He is only 22 and well down the road to surpassing Gebrselassie as the greatest distance runner of all time.
- A distance runner is in good running shape, but probably does not have the muscular strength of a weightlifter.
- On the contrary, Cory loved getting into shape, and was a long distance runner for his old school before he graduated.
- I am a distance runner and my feet are in awful shape.
- She's at a stage in her career when, as a distance runner, she's got plenty left in her.
- But there's one thing that some of us, bordering on obesity, can't stand and that is the loneliness of the long distance runner.
- He was arguably the best distance runner on the track team.
- I had never found running to be so draining, and I was a long distance runner for both the cross country and track teams at my school!
- On the other hand, if you are a long distance runner, try to pick your next race date so that you are at a peak on your physical cycle.
- A few years back, a TV commercial for a popular energy bar showed a distance runner straining to reach the finish line.
- As a reward, my father gave me a book about the life of that great distance runner Emil Zatopek.
- Well, I love running, and I'm a big guy, so I'm not exactly built as a distance runner.
- And, though you don't know it when you first see Bitsey run, she's also a long distance runner.
- The world's greatest-ever distance runner will compete over 10 kilometres in the BUPA Great Manchester Run on May 22.
- Radcliffe said: ‘As an athlete, I invest most of my energy and time in my quest to be the best distance runner in the world.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.