In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1línea divisoria femeninosometimes there is a very fine dividing line between genius and madness — a veces la línea que divide / separa la genialidad de la locura es muy tenue
- But the dividing line between their beliefs and the grotesquely distorted ideals of National Socialism was a very fine one.
- At one time, it was difficult to determine the dividing line between a PG - 13 and R movie; now, it's impossible.
- The old line, the heretofore uncompromising line, the dividing line between matter and spirit has suddenly blurred.
- ‘The First World War is really the dividing line between the modern world and what came before,’ he said.
- It's always worrying when the dividing line between TV and reality begins to blur.
- For example, the dividing line between the Baby Boom and Gen X is 1964, the first year that the number of births fell below 4 million in the 1960s.
- The imposition of order necessarily creates boundaries and dividing lines - the very places where the most interesting discussions occur.
- He couldn't see the dividing line between party and state.
- Many do not realise that the dividing line between ‘experience’ and ‘bias’ is thin and often blurred.
- Views will differ as to where the dividing line should be drawn.
- The dividing line between our parties seems to be blurred if not erased altogether.
- I am fascinated at the dividing line between what costs money and what doesn't, and what has value to whom.
- The dividing line between non governmental organisations and business schemes is becoming increasingly blurred.
- Where, then, is the dividing line between human and non-human: worthy and not worthy?
- The dividing line between aggression and a wrong decision, it seems, is thin.
- The fact is, the dividing line between far left and far right is getting blurrier all the time.
- In some respects, the dividing line between genetic and cultural evolution is not very important.
- The dividing line between celluloid fantasy and the bountifully adorned starlets making their acceptance speeches gets blurred.
- But it is better to abstain because the dividing line between benefits and harm is too blurred.
- She believes she has blurred the dividing line between male and female by being able to do everything that a male cadre could.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.