In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dissertation/thesis) doctoraldoctoral candidate — doctorando masculino
- His first class doctoral thesis was on the place of sacrifice in the Ibo religion.
- This larger study subsequently became the subject of my doctoral thesis.
- Research proposals submitted for a Masters or doctoral thesis will not be accepted.
- Chekhov hoped to use the results of his research for his doctoral dissertation.
- His doctoral thesis, and all his earlier publications, concerned applications of analysis to mechanics.
- He completed work on his doctoral thesis and was awarded a Ph.D. in 1945.
- This book, developed from a doctoral thesis, belongs to the Oxford Historical Monographs series.
- I told her she had just done two-thirds of a doctoral dissertation.
- His doctoral thesis, submitted to the University of Nancy, was on continuity of functions of a complex variable.
- As it turns out, one purpose of my doctoral dissertation is to do exactly that.
- The present article is in part based on material drawn from my doctoral dissertation.
- This book began as a doctoral dissertation, a genre predicated on solitary effort.
- My doctoral dissertation was on the topic of the value of saving lives.
- I am doing my doctoral dissertation on the art and practice of hand knitting for women.
- After submitting his doctoral thesis to Columbia University, he was awarded his Ph.D. in 1954.
- He studied at the University of Berlin under Planck, writing his doctoral dissertation in 1897.
- In 1929 Wittgenstein returned to Cambridge where he submitted the Tractatus as his doctoral thesis.
- He was the supervisor of 39 doctoral dissertations and over 500 master's theses.
- Paul returned to Paris briefly to defend his doctoral thesis in October 1930, and then went back to Hamburg.
- She also supervised the doctoral dissertations of more than 20 students.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.