In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1doctorado masculinoto get a/one's doctorate — doctorarse
- to do a doctorate — hacer un doctorado
- His degree, a doctorate in audiology from a Florida university, followed two years of part time study.
- She was awarded a fellowship to study for her doctorate at Cornell University.
- In 1914 Krylov was awarded a doctorate in applied mathematics from Moscow University.
- In the following year he was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Pisa.
- To this he added a clinical medical degree and a doctorate in neuroscience.
- He will be joined by eight other people, ranging from academics to charity fundraisers, who will receive honorary doctorates from the university.
- He was awarded five honorary doctorates by universities, two in the US and three in Britain.
- He worked under Menger's supervision on geometry and was awarded his doctorate in 1931.
- The thesis was published at Jena in the same year that he was awarded his doctorate.
- His most recent visit was last year, when he was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of York.
- Graz was the first ever university to give a doctorate in technical sciences.
- As always, the report reviewed the overall trends in doctorates awarded at American universities across seven broad fields.
- In fact, two of the terrorists in our study had doctorates from Western universities, and two others were working toward their Ph.D.
- Both hold doctorates from English universities.
- Rudin has received many honours for her work, including at least four honorary doctorates, and will continue to receive further awards.
- He was awarded doctorates from universities all around the world and received honoraria for numerous public speeches.
- The main point here is that the majority of universities offering creative writing doctorates have not yet fully published their examination criteria.
- Earlier this year she was awarded a doctorate of letters from University of Limerick.
- These were public employees who were expected to hold degrees or doctorates in administration or jurisprudence.
- Sociology has the lowest percentage of faculty earning doctorates from the top PhD programs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.