In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de dulces y grandes ojos oscuros
- ‘I feel bad for Sy,’ he tells his doe-eyed mother.
- A succession of handsome but bashful doe-eyed waiters brought over from Italy compounded our love for this place.
- After a romantic daydream (not of love but of adventure) and blinking, the doe-eyed girl hugged her books to her bosom and proceeded to him with a pale face.
- He was staring up into her eyes, in much the same way as a doe-eyed puppy would gaze at its owner, while she softly babbled away to him in an eastern European tongue.
- Campus will be flooded with doe-eyed high-schoolers and their parents on their March breaks March 16 as they decide the future that lays ahead.
- As I matured, I grew less and less tolerant of singing animals and doe-eyed heroines.
- The doe-eyed actress will preside over the lamp lighting ceremony at 11.30 a.m. at the Metroplus Lifestyle Show on Thursday.
- Though the doe-eyed beauty denied the story, the word had spread and many other stories that went with it.
- A knock on her chamber door wrenched Sisilla from her sorrowful reverie, as a doe-eyed servant girl poked her head into the room.
- Then things weren't the same, the life that we knew had to change, croons the doe-eyed singer.
- The star is typically a perky, doe-eyed female in a high school uniform.
- They showed the same concern with graffiti, T-shirt designs, doe-eyed cartoon figures, cute toys, robots and illustrations based on whimsical doodles.
- First, I scoped out the doe-eyed first-years fresh out of high school by going undercover as one of them.
- The shaven-headed, doe-eyed beauty was never short on shock tactics and as a result was often the target of condemnation and negative press.
- Visibly disappointed, this doe-eyed beauty consoles herself after an unsuccessful attempt to enter the stadium yesterday afternoon.
- To this end, they kidnap Arnie's sweet, doe-eyed little daughter in her dungarees and pink sweater, and threaten to kill her if he doesn't do what they say.
- The actress is demure and doe-eyed but armoured with immaculate grooming as San Francisco's top wedding planner.
- This doe-eyed beauty has acted in over 100 plays all over the UK.
- That is, their level of lethality is inversely proportional to their proximity to any innocent, doe-eyed, child.
- Whether one prefers pretty boys to rugged types, or strong-featured women to doe-eyed waifs, may reveal more about a person than we realize.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.