In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1casa del perro femeninocasilla del perro femeninocaseta del perro femenino Españacasucha del perro femenino Chileperrera femenino Colombia
- The City Council approved a law that requires dog owners to waterproof all doghouses and equip them with bedding and self-closing doors or flaps.
- Joe built the large doghouse to keep them dry and comfortable in bad weather.
- He lives both in and out of the house, with a fenced yard and an outdoor doghouse where he sleeps except in the coldest weather.
- There was a doghouse built as a miniature carbon copy in the side yard, and Emily saw a black lab huddled inside of it.
- But most dogs seem to appreciate having a shelter of their own, such as a doghouse.
- The organization has spent well over a quarter of a million dollars to improve the facilities, build and deliver doghouses for animals left outside in all weather.
- This year's statues will feature the cartoon dog lying atop his doghouse with his feathered friend, Woodstock, on his stomach.
- Many of the 125 new items will help your new pets feel right at home, including a doghouse, birdcage and litter box.
- The next morning, Billy makes a doghouse for his pups.
- I once knew an Episcopalian lady in Newport, Rhode Island, who asked me to design and build a doghouse for her Great Dane.
- It's about this big, and it shows the cartoon dog on top of the doghouse lying there, and his owner standing next to him with a little bowl of food.
- Would you spend four grand on a doghouse or plunk down a few hundred for a cat stroller?
- Living space does not include a structure, such as a doghouse, in which an animal is not confined, or a cage, crate, or other structure in which the animal is temporarily confined.
- The grounds featured temple-shaped doghouses and pools on which Ward floated models of Roman ships.
- Finally, Nicholas packed all his stuff inside the doghouse he bought and handed Kathleen the puppy to carry while he carried their things.
- I regard organized religion in much the same way a turtle regards a doghouse - I'm pretty well covered, thank you, so let's just keep ignoring each other.
- The exhibit's grand finale was a gala auction of the winning doghouses that raised money for the SPCA and the museum.
- Bray, their beagle, was tied to a doghouse nearby.
- Shadow crawled farther back into his doghouse.
- He motioned to a part of the stall where hay blanketed the floor and a cozy doghouse resided in the corner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.