In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1infantil(doll)muñequita femeninoqueca femenino España child language
(mobile platform)plataforma rodante femenino
- The camera dollies in slightly, then cuts to a close-up of her and tilts down to the page, upon which she is drawing crude crosses in red ink.
- Some of them were friendly and even allowed the use of dollies to transport the books from the stacks to the check-out desk.
- The town is all one set, and at the end of the film, when he dollies in on Doc Halliday's tombstone, he takes care to put a tiny wagon train heading west in the background of the shot.
- The camera dollies with Christian as he walks into Le Moulin Rouge, through the doors and down the aisle to the stage.
- During the 60 second or so shot we are treated to a filming device where the camera is fixed on a rotating dolly of sorts along with the gypsy playing the violin.
- At one point he apparently even made use of a shopping trolley he found at the side of the road - and rode in it as a makeshift dolly.
- He would ask me to do certain things on the set like move the dollies and be the water boy.
- It is a extended platform that the camera operator stands on while shooting from a camera dolly.
- Bungees on the wheels of a tow dolly is not going to fix the problem.
- By this point he had won the trust and respect of the subjects of his documentary to such an extent that they also acted as crew members for him, rigging up makeshift lights and constructing dollies that would run on the existing tracks.
- Even parked on a dolly, the craft looks fierce, with a shallow, open hull that flares out into wings.
- There is no better view of the Colosseum than the circular dolly shot, as you lean into the curve with the throttle open.
- He turned around and wheeled his dolly toward a stack of boxes.
- What I'm ultimately interested in is what this filmmaker has to say; I really couldn't care less about what he can do with a dolly and jib.
- Nearly a quarter of the film's movement - dollies, crane shots - are synthetic.
- She watched as he wheeled the dolly over to the porch and stacked the boxes on the porch.
- She watched as three more workers lent a hand and got the grand piano off of the platform dolly and removed the layers of bubble wrap and shrink-wrap.
- We decided the best way to do it would be to use a car as a dolly.
- She would just park herself on the end of a dolly and wait for us to re-light.
- I wandered over and they were using a hammer and dolly on the car instead of replacing the door as we would in the West.
2.2Televisión Cinedolly masculinobefore noun dolly shot — travelling masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.