In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Vein minerals are barite, calcite, ferroan dolomite, and sphalerite.
- They are easy to grow - simply make a trench in prepared soil, dust with dolomite, add some blood and bone or animal manure with a light sprinkle of sulphate of potash.
- A 2000 study detected lead in some supplements made from oyster shells, the mineral dolomite, and bone meal.
- The order of deposition for the main vein minerals typically is dolomite, barite, and quartz.
- The mine produced excellent dolomite crystals that are arguably the best for the species from the United States.
- Vein minerals are ferroan dolomite, barite, calcite, pyrite, and quartz.
- Other carbonates, like dolomite, will fizz in cold acid only after they have been powdered.
- Red chalcedony-lined geodes were prevalent at one time, their inclusions typically being quartz, calcite, ferroan dolomite, and iron sulfide microcrystals.
- Belgium is also an important producer of several industrial minerals, including limestone, dolomite, whiting, sodium sulfate, silica sand, and marble.
- Now, not in competition with dolomite, the quartz was able to form better-developed crystals.
- In addition to large dolomite crystals, calcite " fans " and similar structures are frequently observed.
- Barite, dolomite, and quartz crystals were scattered on the surfaces of the calcite.
- Thus. it is clear that at one point in the history of these specimens they appeared as normal quartz crystals perched upon a matrix of rhombohedral carbonate, likely dolomite.
- Many choice specimens of sphalerite, calcite, galena, and dolomite could be collected from pillars and small areas not previously mined.
- Helicopters dropped 5,000 tonnes of sand, boron, dolomite, clay and lead onto it.
- Vein minerals are aragonite, barite, calcite, dolomite, quartz, sphalerite, and whewellite.
- The concretion matrix is dominantly an interlocking mosaic of calcite, ferroan dolomite and quartz.
- On the dumps I found galena, pyrite, and rugs full of quartz, dolomite, and a few tiny, water-clear fluorites.
- Military personnel were called on to drop thousands of tons of sand, clay, lead, dolomite, and boron on the damaged reactor to smother the radiation stream, often without adequate protection.
- Orissa is rich in bauxite, the mineral that contains aluminium's raw material, as well as coal, limestone, silica, chromite, dolomite and nickel, to mention a few sources of its mineral wealth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.