1cúpula femeninothe blue dome of the sky — la bóveda celeste literario
- the shiny dome of his bald head — su calva reluciente
- I gazed down upon the old quarter, a collage of dun roofs, domes and vaults, pencil and square minarets, ugliness and elegance.
- The dome and roof were sheathed in copper, and the building was fitted with new mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and elevator systems.
- In resolving the differences between the orthogonal basic plan and the circular forms of the domes, perimeter walls become serrated in plan.
- There is nothing new about the dome shape or any question about its structural merits.
- The system uses the timeless forms of arches, domes, and vaults to create single and double-curvature shell structures that are both strong and beautiful.
- Visitors during the summer of 2002 may expect to see a new black-and-white marble floor in the rotunda beneath the dome.
- Like many of the plans and models contributed in 2001, this plan featured domes and pyramidal structures, circular spaces, and a lot of glass.
- In the centrally focused pantheon of the original bank building, the round dome was supported by interior Ionic columns.
- The final dome or vault consisted of a composite structure of in-situ concrete and ferro-cement formwork.
- This can be repeated to transform the octagon into a sixteen-sided figure on which the base of the dome may rest.
- Here's the situation: You decide to build a church by mounting a circular dome on four rounded arches that meet at right angles.
- Such has been the pressure for space that original vaults and domes have been destroyed so that properties could expand vertically, often using incompatible materials.
- The domes are perhaps the building's most significant feature.
- Construction of the dome included installing hollow structural members that double as radiator pipes.
- Quadrilateral foundations, however, could support only a roof consisting of one or several panels, but not a dome with its rounded base.
- She instantly recognized the shape of the building's interior, the circular architecture and the dome that reached upwards to the heavens.
- In concept, the structure of the dome is innovative yet apparently simple.
- The two domes were independent of each other, making it is possible for visitors to travel between the two domes on a walkway, after climbing a flight of stairs.
- What is more, above the baldachino is Michelangelo's dome, which is based on the dome of the Pantheon.
- Its futuristic design features wind turbines instead of the traditional minarets, while a translucent latticed roof would replace the domes seen on most mosques.