In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is not a battle for territorial domination, ideological supremacy or economic hegemony.
- Their domination could be gauged from the fact that not even a single boy found his way in the merit list.
- I hope so, because no conglomerate deserves total world cyberspace domination.
- There are those, though, who think that comedy has now risen to a level of unhealthy domination.
- They only talk about it as an attempt at exploitation, domination and plunder.
- It's a sentiment which is only consolidated by their domination of their home event.
- It might sound like an early Bond film, but these people are not after world domination.
- The domination of these agencies has been enabled by developments in digital technology.
- Modest, sober clothing was a manifestation of reason's domination over instinct.
- They sense their domination of the debate in canteens, cafés and coffee bars.
- It was the first success for an English car and put an end to the French domination of the first two races.
- It is very strange, this domination of our intellect by our digestive organs.
- Here is a woman who long ago established her total domination of an extraordinarily tough business.
- His quiet-spoken manner hides a steely determination for domination in movie making.
- He gave ample evidence of his talent during his domination of the Scandinavian Masters.
- The remaining half hour contained a predictable level of domination from the league leaders.
- Poverty is a by-product of domination of the needs of profit over the needs of people.
- He's the sort of guy who won't be satisfied until he achieves global domination.
- I am yet to meet a man, in a partnership or otherwise, who doesn't exert total domination of this device.
- He is currently working on a book about the Stone Age and the evolution of human domination.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.