inglés de Sudáfrica
1(ditch)(causada por la erosión) zanja femenino
- While he said there was not much vegetation damage, the road would cause dongas in the forest due to soil erosion along steep areas.
- The department tried to repair the donga by filling it with soil, but this had since been washed away.
- Some people have even requested that the traffic department not issue fines for unroadworthy vehicles because their cars had been damaged by dongas in the roads…
- For decades too it had no storm water drainage, resulting in potholes and dongas opening up.
- According to a report tabled by the provincial standing committee on public works - which toured the province in June to assess roads and infrastructure - bridges are collapsing and dongas are developing.
2(water channel)barranco (seco) masculino