- It binds to a number of receptor sites in the body, including serotonin, adrenergic and dopaminergic receptors.
- Its primary actions alter both the dopaminergic and the opioid systems as well as other neurotransmitter systems.
- Those who had taken levodopa or a dopaminergic agonist in the preceding two months were excluded.
- The causes of mania and depression are biochemical changes in adrenergic and dopaminergic brain messengers.
- Effects of glucocorticoids on dopaminergic activity are also strongly context and regionally dependent.