In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- On a per model basis I strongly suspect that Dormobiles are the most traveled model of Land Rover.
- If you would like to see what Dormobiles look like I have a page with pictures.
- I spent an hour there, waiting for the Dormobile to be excavated, looking for puffins.
- From the late 1960s my family spent every weekend and most of the summer holidays axle-deep in a muddy field surrounded by 50 or so other Dormobiles.
- We had a women's meeting that night, and on the spur of the moment we decided to get in a Dormobile and go down there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.