In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If either of these proteins is absent, then the motor axons select dorsal and ventral pathways randomly.
- Just outside each vertebra, the dorsal and ventral roots unite to form a spinal nerve on each side.
- Such a wasp held the fly with the middle and hind legs head forward and ventral or dorsal side up.
- At approximately the seventh week of gestation, the ventral and dorsal buds fuse.
- The waves continue coupled to a series of dorsal and ventral flexions of the whole body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.