In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nombre que designa varios peces de la familia de las Zeidae o de las Oreosomatidae
- The price for top grade fish like monk and dory is down considerably.
- The baitfish tightened into a ball as the kingfish attacked, while several snapper and dory moved in hoping to share the spoils.
- Also found in the deep sea are the most valuable species of orange roughy, alfonsino and oreo dories.
- This is a wildly successful business where the staff dispense dory and deep and meaningful advice in equal quantities.
- For mains, I had chosen the pan-fried stuffed chicken breast, while Madame went for the poached dory fillet on ratatouille Nicoise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.