In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1matriz de puntos femeninobefore noun dot-matrix printer — impresora matricial femenino
- In the late eighties, most personal computer users had a dot matrix impact printer.
- Every vehicle has a budget that they need to meet and there is only so much they want to spend on a cluster, yet we want to start adding things like dot matrix displays, so you can get more functionality than you have today.
- The dot matrix said fourteen minutes, and there were apologies for delays due to signalling problems, so I walked all the way back up to the taxi rank.
- ‘The City’ by Davina Hawthorn uses 3D prints and dot matrix patterns in both womenswear and menswear pieces.
- Basically, when a user wants to print something from UNIX, he can either print to a dot matrix or laser printer in the system room, or to a printer in his room, which may be connected to his PC or Windows-shared.
- Warehouse dockets are a good example - the impact of the dot matrix daisywheel will go through layers of paper to make additional copies.
- There was a time, long ago that printers had ribbons and used dot matrix printing to create tiny dots that, when looked at, were readable.
- Rather than focus on emulating a real pinball machine with the dot matrix LED displays, the developers here have taken full advantage of a PC environment by incorporating the bonus games into mini-pinball boards onscreen.
- This is a talking, laptop-style, battery-operated, electronic learning aid with an alphanumeric keyboard and a full dot matrix LCD screen which provides clear animated pictures.
- Over the doors of the other screens it told you the start time in dot matrix.
- So the need for the flashing dot matrix sign below, was a bit, well, needless for us
- Since then, EPA and EU requirements, as well as functionality issues involving different demand-printing methods such as dot matrix, laser, and thermal transfer, have made label stocks stronger, thinner, and printer-friendly.
- The tradeoff, though, is that portable devices feature smaller displays, so the user either has to give up some information - a dot matrix graph, for example - or live with displays that can only be viewed up close.
- If you use a computer and printer, do not submit low-resolution dot matrix print-outs; they will not be read.
- ‘This process utilizes continuous tone printing vs. a dot matrix approach,’ Flynn said.
- Improvements include more dot matrix indicators giving information on the tube, induction loops in ticket halls and platforms, and an updated visual display system on the bus network.
- Just 15 mm in depth, the company claims the products are the thinnest dot matrix displays available.
- The clear 1.5 inch dot matrix LCD screen is nicely illuminated at will.
- Often, the illustration will turn out to be something we know barely exists these days, a sort of symbolic graphic representation of an email complete with dot matrix typeface and unripped fanfold.
- The use, for instance of dot matrix information boards is helpful for the deaf who cannot hear station and train announcements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.