In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
13rd person singular present of do
- Not much of note, except for this section where methinks he doth protest too much about being more than just a legislator.
- I'm not sure in which direction doth lie my home.
- That said, it seems to me that he doth protest too much.
- Nay, we hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish!
- With it, the lame doth walk and the blind doth see.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.