In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Of course, any land that is valuable today was doubtless once worthless.
- Lawyers acting for the actual Taj Mahal, in Delhi, are doubtless contemplating an action for defamation.
- The Jagran reader's valuation will doubtless be reassessed after its IPO next year.
- The Met is doubtless reorganizing and retooling to deal with those budget shortfalls.
- There is also the story of the birth of the modern marathon, which will doubtless be trotted out in the next fortnight.
- The keyboard is too far away, because of making room for the mousepad and, doubtless, a great deal of inscrutable hardware.
- The channels will doubtless turn around and ask, where are the audiences?
- You or I could go on a one-day sushi course and doubtless produce something at the end of it, but our amateurism would show.
- But publishers will doubtless exploit Lulu and similar sites to scout for their own future bestsellers.
- When an agent is aware that there are certain things he is not free to do, this doubtless affects his desires and limits the range of choices he can make.
- They will obviously use most of it to clear their debts but he will doubtless be seeking some to strengthen his squad.
- Divorce lawyers would doubtless still be secure in their jobs.
- Bog Walk Gorge is a special place indeed, full of memories for me and doubtless for many other Jamaicans.
- He remains, of course, a member of the town council and doubtless he will continue to make his presence felt in the town.
- This evening we begin what will doubtless fail to become a regular feature, much as similar bright ideas have fizzled before them.
- Other versions of that story will doubtless appear before long.
- The teenage appeal doubtless springs from the fact that all of the boys are pretty easy on the eye, but that's as far as the similarities go.
- So the two million of you who bought the last Scenic will doubtless be feeling very embarrassed indeed as this point.
- And while it doubtless was not cheap, if it gives these people some peace of mind, it will have been money well spent.
- One can debate endlessly the validity of his choice, as indeed the author doubtless did before he settled on his 10.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.