In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1donut masculinorosquilla femenino
- It was between pistachio semi-freddo with chocolate ganache and Italian donuts.
- Members of the 24th Squadron brought cakes, doughnuts and jelly for the pupils.
- The assortment of homemade pastries is astonishing, ranging from simple cream-filled butter doughnuts to curry-beef buns.
- These little brioche doughnuts are filled with a chocolate ganache, which melts in the centre and oozes out as you bite into them.
- That turned out to be the start of an afternoon of stodgy chocolate cake, sugary donuts and a bag of free pastries from the coffee shop where they're getting to know our order before we even give it.
- There's a place called the Donut Pub on West 23rd that makes confection and cake donuts.
- For dessert, give in to cliches: Order chocolate cake or donuts.
- Studies show that white-flour foods like cakes, cookies and doughnuts are the fourth largest source of saturated fats in our diets.
- The menu mentioned toasted teacakes, scones, doughnuts, Danish pastries and flapjack.
- Officers found 22 items of food on display past the use-by date, which included bacon, orange juice, doughnuts, fruitcake and caramel deserts.
- Do not buy anything - candy, chips, doughnuts, Pop-Tarts, cookies or soda from a vending machine.
- A signature dessert is coffee and doughnuts, only the coffee cup and spoon are made of chocolate and the doughnuts are tiny and sublime.
- Why do ring doughnuts only come with icing sugar on these days?
- For simple fare, try sugar cookies, doughnuts, muffins or coffee cake with coffee and cocoa or hot spiced cider.
- Cake, doughnuts and chocolate are the favourite snacks of many workers, with just seven per cent preferring healthy options such as fruit.
- We came down the back stairs and went over to the breakfast bar where there were doughnuts, English Muffins, coffee, milk, and tea.
- If the menu doesn't say you're getting a cake doughnut, assume it's made with yeast.
- The only foods that you need to avoid are the ones that have no redeeming value, just empty calories - such as doughnuts and onion rings.
- Neighbors hosted two events, one with coffee and doughnuts and another with desserts.
- There was ice cream, Jello, cream puffs, pies, doughnuts, coconut cake.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.