In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You can obtain your own copy of the study by downloading it from the Nielsen and Norman Web site here.
- The film cannot be transferred to another device once it is downloaded to a computer.
- For example, each web page that is downloaded will be rounded up to the nearest kilobyte.
- Later those details would be downloaded on to a computer and replica cards created to obtain goods and cash.
- You're better off purchasing something simple to use or downloading free software from the internet.
- A database of prohibited web sites can also be downloaded for the software to act on.
- This was then downloaded onto computer, so it could be edited on screen.
- He then downloaded details of thousands of credit cards and handed them to his partners in crime.
- Then, too, the cost of the dial-up call to the ISP is increased by downloading a lot of spam.
- The Windows version can be downloaded here, and there's a beta of the Linux version here.
- He obtained the data simply by downloading it from the computer processing the transactions.
- The Codepoint software can also be downloaded to handsets from the server of a mobile network operator.
- Data is entered online and can be downloaded into an Access database for analysis.
- They had to programme their robot by using a computer and downloading the information into the robot via a Lego brick.
- The main application must be corporate users downloading e-mail to their laptops.
- By clicking that button, a lot of sites are downloaded onto the computer.
- Each photo can be downloaded as computer desktop wallpaper - good luck choosing just one!
- One thing you can be sure of: there's no risk of downloading a virus from vaporware.
- It is thought that internet images on the computer had been downloaded for more than a year.
- But imagine if these had been downloaded on to a computer and their presence revealed to the police.
- The carrier pitched the service as a way of bringing on-the-move impulse purchasing to the digital download market.
- The UK CD figures should also be carefully read by executives of online music download services.
- The most popular downloads in the mobile content marketplace are ringtones, music and games.
- They both supply the ecommerce and digital download backbone for software publishers.
- A British company with a history of taking on larger rivals says it owns six patents affecting software downloads.
- The extra speed offered by MIMO translates into very fast Web page loading and file downloads.
- Authorities in Moscow are investigating a Russian website offering cheap music downloads.
- Most other countries' broadband systems offer far lower upload rates than download ones.
- Handsets capable of accessing the faster download speeds are in the pipeline too.
- Apple's 50 million download tally was seen by some web sites as inherent admission of failure.
- In fact, the code does not cost a penny with SCO providing a rather swift download site for SCO Linux.
- To help you choose, there are lists of the most popular downloads and playlists.
- Samsung is to follow Apple and Sony and launch its own online content download service to promote its digital music players.
- Music downloads and file sharing have ended that dominance.
- So the software vendors opted for automatic downloads of signature file updates.
- In addition, we regularly provide Service Packs and free downloads on our website.
- For example: if you try doing data downloads in Europe, you'll find it costs.
- Some folk will want to transfer video downloads to a portable device and one with a large screen.
- One tracker can supervise the simultaneous downloads of multiple files.
- Internet Frog: a cute way to test your upload and download connection speeds.
- The three computer download test worked like a charm and all downloads were successful.
- Websense briefly mistook Microsoft's software download page for a nice big doobie.
- Instead, it only permits streams of music files, while permitting downloads of other content.
- It claims to offer Internet access via satellite at download speeds of 2Mbps.
- Although the company did not offer any download services directly it provided links to websites which did.
- The software can analyse text, and it can be configured to strip out adverts and block file downloads.
- Cutscene movies must be limited to keep download size and rendering time manageable.
- The popularity of digital downloads is measured in official download music charts.
- Other Web sites that have published the presentation have seen thousands of downloads, according to data from those sites.
- The service also blocks pop-ups and accelerates downloads including MP3s and executables.
- Most of the free game downloads are small enough to be downloaded from the internet.
- BitTorrent is designed to replace and enhance the performance of a standard http or ftp download server.
- Our writer warned people not to read to much into download figures of open source software.
- Legitimate downloads of the software only came out last week, so the attack is timely.
- The offer also includes a free modem, free connection and no download restrictions.
- Now, Mozilla will have graciously recorded your entire http and ftp download history, so we'll need to deal with that.
- Even with 3G, upload speeds are not better because the speeds are download not upload.
- Orange is guessing that news will be a tempting way of getting users to pay premium prices for data downloads.
- Now you have to pay a minimal fee for full access and download rights for all their in house software.
- As we noted earlier, a large splitfile will be cached locally to enable quick recovery from download interruptions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.