1the economy has taken a downturn — la situación económica ha empeorado / ha dado un bajón
- Throughout most of the history of the United States, business downturns have been relatively brief - perhaps a year long at most - and recoveries have come soon afterward.
- Tech companies blame the sharp downturn in their industry for the big write-offs.
- The economist said the downturn in the US economy had played a major part in a change in sentiment.
- Critics have previously argued that the stability pact hampers growth by preventing euro zone governments from boosting public spending to stimulate their economies during downturns.
- And with the prolonged stock market downturn, employers are running out of the time for smoothing out prior losses.
- That's because highly levered businesses suffer in downturns as debt service eats into margins, and increases the risk of default.
- Over the years it has been shown that some businesses are better at weathering cyclical downturns than others.
- It is easy to blame the general downturn for the decline in telecom capital spending.
- Thus, the expected growth from the single market may have been held back by the downturn in the business cycle.
- Like many other dotcoms it's been hit by the economic downturn and the global decline in advertising revenues.
- ‘This contraction was expected as economies worldwide succumbed to downturns,’ the department said in a statement.
- The downturn in economic activity in Ireland in the second half of last year was unique in the context of previous downturns in the Irish economy.
- There is a great deal of irresponsible leading going on and a downturn in the economy will expose it hurting all concerned.
- Beaten-down big caps with the financial power to weather the inevitable downturns in business can offer investors spectacular rewards when the economy recovers.
- Overproduction leads to declines in profits and sharp downturns in the business cycle, and a viable balancing of production, distribution, and demand is referred to as a regime of accumulation.
- While most companies plan for economic or business downturns, they do not do the same level of preparation for disaster.
- Tighter border security is sure to slow import growth even more in coming months, although lower imports will worsen downturns in economies around the world.
- Out of all the sectors affected by the downturn, special activities holidays have fared best.
- By the mid 1960s, confidence in the government's ability to utilize fiscal and monetary policy tools led many to believe that cyclical downturns in the economy were a thing of the past.
- In past downturns, software spending declines usually trail the rest of the technology industry by six to nine months.