In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libélula femeninocaballito del diablo masculinomatapiojos masculino Andesalguacil masculino Río de la Plata
- How can some dragonflies and caddis flies live in salt lakes but not in the sea?
- The Odonata, the order to which damselflies and dragonflies belong, play a very important ecological and economic role for human beings.
- To get the details, a field team has been fitting green darner dragonflies with radio transmitters.
- Female species of dragonflies and damselflies will allow males to mate with them only when they see that he has a suitable egg-laying territory.
- Encourage natural predators such as dragonflies or praying mantises.
- While both dragonflies and damselflies belong to the Odonata and share many common features, then are a number of noticeable differences as well.
- The wings were held horizontally, as in dragonflies (Odonata, Anisoptera).
- I remember the dragonflies, damselflies and other insects, their colours iridescent in the bright sun.
- Learn about dragonflies and damselflies as part of Bromley's Wetland Campaign.
- Hunts birds and large insects, especially dragonflies (eats insects on the wing).
- For example he informs us that the Blue-cheeked bee-eater actually eats more dragonflies and damselflies than anything else.
- Apart from their intrinsic and aesthetic value, dragonflies and damselflies are now recognised as indicators of riverine integrity.
- Thrushes, ladybirds, dragonflies, spiders and hoverfly larvae will snack on aphids, snails and other pests, saving you time, work and money.
- A pond is a little world in itself, he says, home to a dizzying array of creatures from frogs and newts to water boatmen, diving beetles, dragonflies and damselflies.
- Then, the dragonflies and damselflies will move in.
- If George Barris, king of custom hot rods, designed insects, he would've come up with dragonflies and damselflies.
- However, for this little creature there are so many things to be learnt: is it a dragonfly or a damselfly?
- Watch a kite sweep the skies for large insects such as grasshoppers, cicadas and dragonflies.
- In addition, the park is buzzing with insect life and is regionally important for the high numbers of dragonflies and damselflies.
- A woodchat's prey is mainly insects, beetles, damsel flies, dragonflies, grasshoppers, wasps and bees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.