In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libélula femeninocaballito del diablo masculinomatapiojos masculino Andesalguacil masculino Río de la Plata
- The Odonata, the order to which damselflies and dragonflies belong, play a very important ecological and economic role for human beings.
- The wings were held horizontally, as in dragonflies (Odonata, Anisoptera).
- Learn about dragonflies and damselflies as part of Bromley's Wetland Campaign.
- However, for this little creature there are so many things to be learnt: is it a dragonfly or a damselfly?
- A woodchat's prey is mainly insects, beetles, damsel flies, dragonflies, grasshoppers, wasps and bees.
- Apart from their intrinsic and aesthetic value, dragonflies and damselflies are now recognised as indicators of riverine integrity.
- Thrushes, ladybirds, dragonflies, spiders and hoverfly larvae will snack on aphids, snails and other pests, saving you time, work and money.
- How can some dragonflies and caddis flies live in salt lakes but not in the sea?
- For example he informs us that the Blue-cheeked bee-eater actually eats more dragonflies and damselflies than anything else.
- I remember the dragonflies, damselflies and other insects, their colours iridescent in the bright sun.
- Encourage natural predators such as dragonflies or praying mantises.
- A pond is a little world in itself, he says, home to a dizzying array of creatures from frogs and newts to water boatmen, diving beetles, dragonflies and damselflies.
- Watch a kite sweep the skies for large insects such as grasshoppers, cicadas and dragonflies.
- Then, the dragonflies and damselflies will move in.
- Female species of dragonflies and damselflies will allow males to mate with them only when they see that he has a suitable egg-laying territory.
- To get the details, a field team has been fitting green darner dragonflies with radio transmitters.
- In addition, the park is buzzing with insect life and is regionally important for the high numbers of dragonflies and damselflies.
- Hunts birds and large insects, especially dragonflies (eats insects on the wing).
- While both dragonflies and damselflies belong to the Odonata and share many common features, then are a number of noticeable differences as well.
- If George Barris, king of custom hot rods, designed insects, he would've come up with dragonflies and damselflies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.