In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(technique, sketch)dibujo masculinopencil/ink drawing — dibujo a lápiz/a tinta
- to do / make a drawing of sb/sth — hacer un dibujo de algn/algo
- before noun drawing paper — papel de dibujo
- drawing pen — tiralíneas
- In this exhibition, her first ever, she has combined her love of drawing and painting with her fascination for fabric and colours.
- Her work is about illustrating, yes, but also about the art of drawing - mark-making - in which she achieves great finesse.
- He left school at the age of fourteen, and worked as a clerk at the Henley Telegraph Company and took evening lessons in draughtsmanship and drawing at the University of London.
- I loved his desk because it was covered in gel pens and big markers, and there was a big cork board to pin your drawings on.
- Of course, drawing is central to art as a core value.
- In some cases, the status of the paintings and drawings has not yet been fully resolved.
- Several of the drawings were laced together with shoestrings in primitive book form.
- The drawings that once illustrated these stories have been scattered across the world.
- Nonetheless, there are still drawings even Clayton has not seen, so vast is the collection.
- For instance, the vacation classes that were conducted in drawing and painting will now be a regular feature at the library.
- Paul Lucas creates his surrealistic images using a combination of sculpture, photography, drawing and collage.
- I don't know if you remember the bar in Japan where film directors make little drawings?
- Classes in sculpture, painting and drawing will also be available.
- The Stockholm picture and one of the drawings show a woman searching for fleas.
- As a child I loved drawing and painting from an early age.
- The marriage of the three arts of drawing, music, and poetry will unite Australian artist and poet Kay Frances with a cast of Bulgarian musicians and a poet.
- The gallery will give one artist working in the media of painting, print, sculpture, drawing or photography, a chance to mount a solo show.
- Beth was careful to explain to parents that writing and drawing were optional activities, but that she would be eager to see what children chose to do with the journals.
- Based on Rowe's extensive work in the refugee camps of Palestine, the workshop explores the use of dance, drama, music and drawing to activate community social growth.
- A painting or drawing is judged a fake when it has been discovered to be not by the artist to whom it had been attributed.
- In a traditional sense, Australian artist Gemma Smith's Untitled is a classic of conceptual drawing.
- He was also respected as a connoisseur of old masters, a collector of drawings, and a dealer and agent.
- This talented 26-year-old submitted three paintings and one drawing, all of which were accepted.
- For him, sculpture and drawing are the different manifestations of the same thought process.
- One of the earliest drawings of a female skeleton was done by William Cheselden in 1733.
- His words did not clarify his drawings and his drawings did not simply illustrate his words.
- With a good mix of video and sound pieces, conceptualism and painting and drawing, it has been cleverly hung to create rhythmic variety and telling counterpoints.
- But what made us laugh the most were the drawings of the man with a funny beard.
- She asked if I still enjoyed drawing and painting.
- This year the Summer Exhibition will include some unexpected kinds of drawings.
- There is a photographic quality to these drawings, both intended and critical.
- It was in essence an animated version of the drawings in the scroll paintings.
- It features the diverse range of work and medium practiced by these artists including painting, sculpture, photography and drawing.
- Over the next two years he drew in a frenzy, creating more than 100 pastel drawings.
- Original photographs or drawings are the obvious source of this information.
- Morris is a prolific poet, producing books full of verses illustrated with his drawings.
- They will capture as many images as possible using digital cameras and traditional techniques of painting and drawing, and will take part in a land art project using flotsam and driftwood.
- Holding up one of her drawings, she points out the basic elements of the composition.
- The display runs until Sunday, showcasing the work of pupils from 10 of the borough's secondary schools, and including drawing, sculpture and photography.
- An exhibition of painting and drawing is ongoing from 1st May, free except on the 15th May.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.