1hielo flotante masculino
- This choice allowed us to travel comfortably with the wind at our backs while viewing the constant vista of mountains and valleys, the ice-speckled Atlantic Ocean in the distance dotted with floes of drift ice from Quebec and Labrador.
- The boat transport of supplies back to the station rarely lacked dangerous moments from encounters with fast-moving drift ice and walruses.
- In August 1905, the ship resumed its course through fog and drift ice.
- Belhadan's location as the northernmost ice-free port of the Empire helped explain its importance, but it wasn't so far south that drift ice or icebergs were unheard of.
- In 1965, a sudden change occurred; drift ice and polar water covered the north Icelandic shelf during spring.