In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1drive-in bank — autobanco masculino
- Many new features appeared on the landscape such as drive-in cinemas, service stations and shopping malls.
- From the drive-in theater to telephone dating to Internet-based auctions, innovation has been a principal driver of consumer adoption of a new technology.
- Well when I was married, on my honeymoon we went on a Friday or Saturday night to a drive-in theatre.
- These eateries convert into drive-in restaurants at night.
- News that York is to become home to Britain's first drive-in cinema was welcomed by local people today.
- A spokesman for Asda said the store will be the first in the world to have a drive-in cinema, and even its parent company in America - Walmart - does not have one.
- America invented the drive-in restaurant and the drive-in bank.
- Then I remembered the drive-in theatre screen.
- Also included are various advertisements that were common to drive-in theaters, and some of these are downright hilarious.
- The best part about Sidney's drive-in theater is that about five years ago a really big storm hit and blew half of the screen down.
- They headed to the closest drive-in restaurant.
- They attended parties together, went to the drive-in theater.
- Dating in the city of Nairobi may involve outings to nightclubs, restaurants, movie theaters, malls, and drive-in movie theaters.
- It also has a drive-in facility with a capacity for 50 cars.
- Years later, when I was in high school, I would borrow the old family Chevrolet and take my girlfriend to the drive-in theatre.
- For a change of pace, orange frosties can be slurped at the Varsity, the largest drive-in restaurant in the world.
- She also helped out at the drive-in movie theater run by her mother.
- Other farmers look out, see earth, and perceive many different possibilities - from farming, to owning land, to building drive-in theaters.
- Only yesterday, the last drive-in theater closed in Vancouver.
- We eventually stopped at a little all night drive-in movie theater.
1masculino autocine EEUUmasculino autocinema México EEUUmasculino drive in
restaurante que sirve a los clientes en el propio automóvil
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.