In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1drop masculinopatada de bote-pronto femenino España
- He had earlier opened the scoring with a drop goal and proceeded to score a try of his own and kick five conversions and four penalties.
- He also added two conversions and finally stroked over a drop goal to clinch matters with the last kick of the game.
- While he was off the pitch the Giants scored two tries and a drop goal took their lead to 15-12.
- After a drop goal attempt they drove well to gain a scrum just 15 metres from the try line.
- The Hurricanes scored five goals to earn the bonus point against two goals, a penalty goal and a drop goal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.