In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Large droplets will quickly drop from the air to the ground, unless they hit another surface.
- The fine droplets of water falling on my head and shoulder actually felt nice.
- His greying hair was plastered to his head, and droplets of water ran slowly down his crooked nose, hanging from the end.
- It cleared the dust from the air and left water droplets hanging from eaves and leaves.
- Five minutes later, he turns up in a worn, old car, droplets of water still clinging to his slapped-down hair.
- As she headed toward the front door, droplets of water rained down on her from the sky.
- Fog and mist are both made of tiny water droplets suspended in air.
- The water took on an eerie hue as the cream colored droplets splashed into the water.
- Water droplets rested on his face and eyelashes, as it dripped off his nose and chin.
- A little water spilled over the blue top, speckling the darkly varnished wood with clear droplets of water.
- Water droplets will merge more readily on the ground, as solid areas are an ideal surface for condensation to take place.
- She rubbed her hands up and down her damp arms and flicked her head, sending droplets of water from her hair onto Charlie.
- His skin glistening with droplets of water as he wiped himself down with a towel, then wrapped it round his middle.
- I turned my head cautiously, just enough so that he wouldn't be able to see a silhouette of water droplets.
- An emulsion is a mixture of two liquids in which one liquid forms tiny droplets suspended in the other.
- As fog blows through these structures, tiny water droplets are deposited onto the net.
- Close inspection revealed a tiny droplet of water at the tip of each dangling leaf.
- Their clothes and hair stuck to their bodies and droplets of lake water ran down their arms, legs, and faces.
- The small water droplets have a large surface area which allows for a great deal of evaporation.
- I started walking but stop when I felt a droplet of water fall on my forehead.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.