In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1somnolencia femeninosopor masculinomodorra femeninoa feeling of drowsiness overcame him — lo invadió el sopor / la modorra
- I have had a few nights when I have had difficulty sleeping and pondered her case until drowsiness got the better of me again.
- At the stage of lethargy and drowsiness, cerebral function is affected and the person may not be able to think well enough to make an escape effort.
- Last year, driver drowsiness was thought to be the cause of 40,000 serious injuries and 3,500 deaths on the roads.
- The struggle against drowsiness and fatigue is the struggle for meaning.
- The authors further justify the use of butterbur because it does not produce the drowsiness and fatigue typical of antihistamines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.