In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1delito de conducir bajo la influencia del alcohol masculinodelito de manejar bajo la influencia del alcohol masculino América Latinabefore noun it was his second drunk driving offense — era la segunda vez que lo detenían por manejar borracho América Latina
- When a messy drunk-driving incident lands him in jail, he is assigned the task of assembling a team of convicts to play in a big football game against sadistic guards.
- Is it fair to say your drunk-driving arrest in January affected you competitively?
- A drunk-driving ticket he issued a man in August 2003 was reportedly dismissed the same month that the man donated $950 to the fund.
- After the interview, the company pulled up the public record and discovered he had had three drunken-driving arrests in the past five years.
- If you are caught drunk-driving, you don't have the option, you must provide a sample, but if you commit murder or rape the same doesn't apply.
- Under the terms of the deal, he would be suspended for five years if convicted on a drunk-driving charge.
- A comprehensive study of the effect of vehicle modifications, laws on use of seat belts, and reductions in drunk-driving indicates that about 90% of this reduction was due to vehicle modifications.
- Aside from a drunken-driving conviction when he was 21, he said he has a clean driving record and doesn't drink and drive…
- I suppose now we must throw out all of our drunk-driving laws, right?
- But just as we were getting closer, about a year after the pageant, my brother, at 18, died in a drunk-driving accident.
- Among the destructive acts revealed here are the abuse of his spouse and the separate drunk-driving incidents in which his father was injured and his mother-in-law was killed.
- Well, ultimately, it was a drunk-driving accident, and however difficult that might be for people to accept, that's the truth of what happened.
- In New York, carrying a boxcutter within or near JFK airport now carries a stiffer potential penalty than sexual harassment, mugging and drunk-driving.
- The streets were generally free of after-hours difficulties, though there were a few arrests for drunk-driving and minor public order offences.
- A taxi cab driver and a pedestrian were also victims of drunken-driving by the prince who is known for his forays to discos and nightclubs.
- While the figures for drug-driving are lower than drunk-driving, they show that almost a quarter of the drug-users surveyed did drive within a few hours of taking drugs.
- It's time to stiffen the law about drunk-driving.
- A year earlier, he spent a night in jail after smashing his rental car into two vehicles in an alleged drunken-driving incident.
- The province of Manitoba, already home to the toughest drunk-driving laws in the country, is getting even tougher.
- Their existence has caused manned police patrols to be reduced while major offences like drunk-driving have increased.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.