In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muro de mampostería sin mortero masculino
- It is a good idea to line the interior with plywood, since drywall can be easily busted through.
- Building materials, such as drywall, may not allow moisture to escape easily.
- Some molds and mildews are fond of the cellulose in the paper backing on drywall, insulation and wallpaper.
- Then cut a new piece of drywall that is slightly larger than the hole.
- Always do a final sanding or sponging before preparing to paint or paper the newly applied drywall.
- Water-resistant drywall used as a the backer quickly degrades once subjected to moisture.
- Whether Ed meant to modernize the old house or refurbish it is unclear, but he dug a large pit under it and put up drywall in places drywall had little business being.
- The techniques of working with drywall were presented in Chapter Three.
- If you use wheat paste in your finish plaster mix, you can put it right on drywall.
- With repeated exposure to water, drywall will soften and break down, so here's another indicator.
- They put up drywall, installed proper lighting, and painted the walls and floor a light almond color.
- After removing the damaged portion of drywall, undercut the edges for a good clean opening.
- Sometimes drywall is the only interior sheathing option for these wall panels.
- In a traditional barn, you won't find finishes like drywall or gypsum board.
- It is used for cutting openings in drywall or paneling or for curved cuts.
- Since you mentioned that your walls are plaster as opposed to drywall, this makes things a little easier.
- Ceiling drywall can sag under heavy loads, such as those sometimes created by insulation.
- Joists are the framing members in the ceiling that the plaster or drywall is attached to.
- Good advice, but how do you go about finding those often elusive studs in a wall that's covered with drywall or plaster?
- Cutting a complex piece of drywall takes a bit of precision and may best be done with a paper or cardboard template.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.