In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for clothes)(machine) secadora femenino(rack) tendedor masculino(rack) tendedero masculinospin dryer — secadora (centrífuga) femenino
- tumble dryer — secadora (de aire caliente)
- Then I returned to the laundry and found the dryer was done tumbling, but the heating element had failed.
- I'm thinking I'll cut the laundry shelf in half, get the dryer mounted on the wall and put the dishwasher underneath it.
- There are two washing machines and two dryers and all users pay.
- The adjoining utility room has further storage units and is plumbed for a washing machine and dryer.
- Many of the laundromat's washing machines and dryers are near the front of the building and appear to have avoided damage.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, electric clothes dryers use more energy than most other home appliances.
- Electrical dryers are expensive and unaffordable to most small farmers.
- We slept in twin bedded rooms, with sheets and duvets provided, and the bathrooms were stocked with soap, towels, hair shampoo and dryers.
- Mr O'Connor's support team are still looking for a washing machine, a dryer and a colour TV.
- The bathrooms are fully tiled while the fitted kitchens have a full range of appliances including washing machines, dryers and integrated hobs and ovens.
- Commander McQuade said that winter was a peak time for house fires because people were using heaters and dryers.
- Often-overlooked sources of interior heat gain are lights and household appliances, such as ovens, dishwashers, and dryers.
- Most newer refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers let you reduce the energy they consume.
- Gas dryers are less expensive to operate than electric dryers.
- All refrigerators, dishwashers, and dryers display an energy guide label indicating the annual estimated cost for operating the appliance or a standardized energy efficiency ratio.
- I've never really worked a washing machine or dryer before, so I wasn't quite sure just what to do.
- Kitchen items, clothes, washing machines, and dryers must be disinfected with bleach, and all surviving interior surfaces should be cleaned to prevent mold growth.
- In American homes, natural gas is used in furnaces, stoves, water heaters, clothes dryers, and other appliances.
- When I grew up in the 1950s, only the wealthy owned color TVs, clothes dryers, stereos, dishwashers and disposals.
- Maybe someday computers will last as long refrigerators, washers, driers or other home appliances - but not today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.