In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de doble mandode doble controldual-control car/brakes — frenos de doble mando / control masculino
- dual-control steering — doble dirección
- The airplane actually has a complete and functional second cockpit and will be equipped with removable superstructures allowing the aircraft to operate as either a single-seat fighter or dual-control trainer.
- To celebrate the occasion, Sharkey was invited to make his first Harrier flight since retiring from the Royal Navy in the back seat in a dual-control T - 8 Sea Harrier training aircraft flown by Kris.
- This particular Sea Fury was used as a dual-control trainer for pilots.
- Here was this immense dual-control Sea Fury out front battling neck-to-neck with sleek highly-modified Mustangs.
- In 1946, Vought built up a dual-control Corsair from a standard F4U- 1 aircraft with the designation V - 354.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.