In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volquete masculinodumper masculino Españacamión de volteo masculino Méxicocamión volteador masculino Río de la Platavolqueta femenino Colombia
- As the thin trunks are piled onto trucks, other workers throw branches into a chipper, which sprays thumb-sized pieces of wood into a dump truck.
- The driver was standing in line for his food at the time his dump truck began rolling.
- The dump truck struck the tractor trailer while traveling at a speed in excess of 74 k/hr.
- Then, struck by a dump truck, it tottered on its lip for a moment.
- Designed to convert a pickup truck into a dump truck, the insert product is 32 years old and costs around $2,300.
- A second post from the guy that hates his blog today doesn't mean he'll be back; he's just clearing the air after a dump truck drove by it.
- With his life savings he bought a dump truck and a backhoe.
- The drummer, grinning at the joke, lounges on the open gate of the dump truck, his drums nestled among the garbage.
- A dump truck was on the track here at this intersection that you see.
- Two decades ago, this kind of storage would have necessitated a dump truck.
- As the van was passing the car, a dump truck appeared traveling in the opposite direction and the two vehicles were unable to avoid a collision.
- An orange dump truck lumbers up the street followed by workers with picks and sledgehammers.
- The Supreme Court left the door open just a crack, and they drove a dump truck through it.
- A horn caught her attention, and she snapped her head up to see she was still in motion, in the middle of an intersection, with a city dump truck headed towards her.
- The tanker did not explode but its cab, the dump truck and another truck burst into flames that burned other drivers and terrified onlookers.
- They wear orange jump suits and swoop down from some ungodly perch and sweep and gather and toss it all into the back of a dump truck with unmarked California exempt plates.
- The main appeal, of course, is that you can pull them along behind a dump truck or other multipurpose vehicle and forego the expense of a dedicated tractor.
- The articulated dump truck was made to be more versatile.
- I decided to leave the house, and as I pulled out of my driveway, I decided to follow the next dump truck I saw.
- From there, a dump truck took them to the river and a waiting helicopter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.