- However, only terrestrial species have been tested, such as barn swallows, tree swallows, dunnocks, alpine accentors, and acorn woodpeckers.
- The thicker scrub and thickets of elder, hawthorn and bramble, meanwhile, provide ideal cover for nesting robins, wrens, sparrows, dunnocks, blackbirds and thrushes.
- Birds suffering the steepest falls include the blackbird, dunnock, song thrush, and four types of warbler.
- In early March, many birds, such as wrens, robins and dunnocks, begin to set up breeding territories.
- The coal tit makes a nifty dash in and out while the dunnock forages underneath with some starlings and a pair of blackbirds.