In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These and other human intrusions can prompt eagles to desert their nests, giving predators a chance to grab eggs or eaglets.
- Last summer, Caitlin observed bald eaglets fledging from nests at two sites.
- Older eaglets will pick on younger ones and if the adults don't bring in enough food the youngest chicks usually get eaten.
- The Auburn Hills, Mich. based entity's more specific programming intent is to show the eagle's life progression, from mating to egg laying to nurturing young to the eaglets ' first flight.
- For more than 1,000 years, Hopi people had journeyed to the butte to gather eaglets for ceremonies, to pray for rain, and to collect healing plants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.