In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1música antigua femenino
- Their enthusiasm, for both the playing and the research involved in bringing early music to contemporary audiences, was palpable.
- Musicology has now long provided a sophisticated research tool, and the amount of early music plucked from obscurity and subjected to expert scrutiny grows continuously.
- If you enjoy early music, this new CD is a don't miss proposition.
- Britain's foremost celebration of early music, York Early Music Festival, is celebrating 600 years of the musical traditions of England and York from today until July 13.
- The English conductor and early music specialist offers a reading of blistering psychological intensity and first-rate musical integrity.
- The seminal role played by the availability of good editions in the revival of early music could not be more apparent than in the case of Boyce.
- The response of professional early music groups to the questions raised has taken two broad directions.
- On the other hand, the director did opt for authentic Jacobean clothing and a band of specialised early music theatre musicians.
- As an organist, Bach has always been fundamental and, I am keenly drawn to him and to early music as well.
- The Times reckons York Early Music Festival to be ‘Britain's most prominent early music festival’.
- The a cappella choir, which usually has around 24 members, performs early music at two major concerts and at numerous other events throughout the year.
- He probably had as much personal acquaintance with early music as nearly anyone of his time.
- Based in Amsterdam, The Fortuna Consort is an early music group exploring renaissance consort music in the form of recorder trio and lute.
- It is also considered disruptive to clap individual songs or short instrumental pieces rather than at the end of each group at lieder recitals or early music concerts.
- So I would have festivals within the festival, centred around jazz, or early music, or world music.
- He has performed with many of the leading instrumentalists and ensembles of early music, and has been involved in a great many recordings of note.
- I would prefer the more opulent, intense and intonationally varied vocalism of early music singers.
- The open-ended nature of early music perfectly suits Giger's style, which is essentially thoughtful, exploratory, challenging, and mysterious.
- Several of these specialize in early music, an area with small but intense support relative to the rest of the classical music scene.
- At this point a comparison between the original facsimile score and any of the modern transcriptions would shed light on issues of editing early music.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.